Code of Conduct
STAFF, PARENTS & COMMUNITY MEMBERS
The Catholic Education Code of Conduct establishes minimum standards of conduct in all behaviour and decision-making to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all members within the CEWA community. The Code of Conduct also shows us how, as a community our behaviours are a collective work that each day builds social justice into the life of our schools. Pope Francis insists that “true social justice is impossible if the human person is not the centre of concern”.
The following 12 statements outline the expectations of all staff, parents and community members:
1) You act safely and competently.
2) You act in accordance with the values of the Gospel as defined in the Code of Ethical Conduct.
3) You act reflectively and ethically.
4) You support all members of the school community in making informed decisions about students.
5) You give priority to students’ safety and well-being in all your behaviour and decision making.
6) You give impartial, honest and accurate information about the education, safety and well-being of students.
7) You allow students to have a voice in their education, safety and well-being.
8) You maintain and build on the community’s trust and confidence in Catholic schools and the Church.
9) You treat personal information about members of the school community as private and confidential.
10) You promote and preserve the trust and privilege inherent in your relationship with all members of the school community.
11) You conduct yourself in accordance with laws, agreements, policies and standards relevant to your relationship with the school community.
12) You respect the dignity, culture, values and beliefs of each member of the school community.
STUDENT CODE OF CONDUCT
The children have a right to be heard and be sought for their opinions and contributions to our school community. As such, the students were involved in describing and creating a Student Code of Conduct in 2021 which outlined how they want to feel at St Francis of Assisi. They identified 5 feelings:
3. Cared for
A detailed look at the Student Code of Conduct can be found here: