‘The Francis Five’ our Student Code of Conduct
St Francis of Assisi is committed to providing a safe, respectful, and disciplined learning environment for students and staff, where students have opportunities to engage in quality learning experiences and acquire values supportive of their lifelong wellbeing.
An essential element of wellbeing is a sense of belonging, being connected to others in a community, being accepted and valued, and being positively involved and engaged.
Our Student Code of Conduct is designed to facilitate high standards of behaviour to ensure effective learning and teaching and enable students to participate positively within our school community.
Our Student Code of conduct aims to:
· embrace the school values of Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
· establish a caring and safe environment for each student and staff member.
· assist students to take responsibility for the choices they make in their lives.
· help students understand the consequences of inappropriate choices.
· implement a consistent approach to help students develop self-awareness and awareness of others.
Students and staff worked collaboratively to ensure authentic student participation, which enabled students a ‘voice’ to be active participants in their own learning and wellbeing. Our school community recognised that effective learning and engagement occurs when we feel welcome, included, happy, safe and cared for. These feelings are our Francis Five.
Each member of our school community has a responsibility to understand the important and specific role that they play individually, and collectively, to ensure that the wellbeing and safety of all students is at the forefront of all that they do, and every decision that they make.